16:9 or not


Had a walk in Brussels, our capital. the weather was fine and the camera was by my side.
I was here together with my daughter to see an exposition.

While taking some random photos, I was starting to think, they would look nice in 16:9. Now this is a discussion among photographers, would you stay with your sensor format or go for a wider look. Some cityscapes look good in 16:9. And is something I do from time to time. 



I did not take them straight into 16:9 but in the format of my sensor 3:2, and cropped them in edit.
Is this something you like or not, would like to know your opinion on this subject. So let me know where you stand.







 

Comments

  1. This was a very interesting post for me. I have never used 16:9 on my camera. I actually had to go look as to where that setting is, which obviouslly was located where the DX setting is ( which I use on occassion when I want more zoom than what the lens I am carrying at the time provides. For me to fully understand what the difference is between my regular setting and a 16:9, I have to actually use both settings and compare. But going back to your question, as far as I am concerned, your photos at a wider setting are really nice because they give me a better view of what the city looks like. A much more detailed perspective. Especially the photo of the garden, #3 one gets a very nice feeling of the whole area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get rid of too much sky or foreground. Got you digging in your menus of the camera😀

      Delete
  2. Nice photos as always, Peter! Re16:9 - well it is supposed to be a cinematic size. I think it works very well for large cityscape like what you are posting, wide landscape to show the wide wide fields and or to show certaine perspective. I did used it quite a lot when in the now unheard of Photoblog but not in FB. I like it but it does not work all the time with certain photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 16:9 wider view is suitable for cities and streets. And this post shows a wonderful presentation. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment