A Morning of Street Photography

These are some shots from a morning I spent doing street photography in Franklin, Tennessee.  I've always admired street photography but was reluctant to do it.  But with some motivation from 52Frames I got out there.  You might have seen a few of these pictures on Facebook, but not together.

One nice thing about photographing in Franklin is the beautiful brick walls to use as backdrops.

   #1

 I'd heard that one technique for street photography is to find a place to hang out facing a good background, so I sat on a bench across from an interesting shop and waited.  I didn't always need the backdrop; there was plenty going on right beside me.

#2

The shop across the street offered some interesting scenes, like this woman in a patriotic mood.

   #3

Then there was this little girl running to catch up with her father.

 #4

 My comfy bench location became inconvenient when traffic started to build up.

#5

So I found another place across from a nice bench under a tree.  

#6

A young woman sat down to make a phone call.  In a few minutes an interesting character sat down at the other end of the bench.  He took his position and didn't seem to move a finger after that.

#7

Eventually the woman left, and the old dude was joined by another fellow who paced back and forth in front of the bench for a while.  Meanwhile the beardy guy continued to sit motionless. 

 
#8

 Finally the two men left together.   After a while, I left too.


 




Comments

  1. Really nice set. I like that you added a commentary for each photo, makes one stop and really look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fantastic set of street photography, well done, love the comentary with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you trying street photography, something I would never have dared to do. The story was interesting, especially as I saw the bearded man get a little close to the woman. What happens? Fortunately nothing happened. Maybe your camera interrupted a gruesome murder, because your location was exposed I guess. Be careful my friend next time. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bearded man could have been a very sinister character, and his friend with the white hat could have been his partner in crime! Maybe I saved her life, at least for a short while. Of course, she may have been a highly trained undercover police officer who was leading the criminals into a trap. We'll never know, but it's fun to think about. :-)

      Delete
    2. Tom you must be more imaginative than I am. I can't wait for your next chapter.

      Delete

Post a Comment