Friday Indoor

 


It's funny that this challenge just followed the conversation Geoff and I had about the variety of photographic opportunities and editing. This was taken at a Barnes & Nobles, about a 30 minute drive from home, where I had taken my grand-niece, Emma, to shop for Mother's Day presents. I used my cell phone camera and about  2 minutes worth of work in ON1 PhotoRaw to make something out of nothing.

The best part of this trip is that Emma bought me ice cream (mint chocolate chip!) at Baskin Robbins. She should. I drive her to work three days a week after school. At a liquor store, where her mother has her second job. She's 19. She doesn't have her license yet. Now that school's out, she WILL get it or I will........

I love my family. A goat rodeo and a clown show, all rolled up into one. Playing on the big screen every day, at a theater too close to me. Is it too early to start drinking?

Comments

  1. What a great story and a cool click to go along. As someone once told me, it's 5 o'clock somewhere in this world 😊. Btw I am sure you count your blessings to have such a wonderful family around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - the fam can be...interesting...at times, but on the whole, I could do a lot worse. Much worse - like my ex-wife's😂.

      Delete
  2. Have a drink and toast to your family. You are blessed my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter, I am indeed - and I will😁.

      Delete
  3. He John, just left you a note on this post in the Facebook page. However, my phone is, with some complications allowing ne to comment at last here. However, I can.only do this by entering directly via google and not directly. At least thst is a start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the picture and I love your story. Let's hope Emma gets her license this summer. Photography is a great interest for someone with a large family - you can get peace just by saying "Bye, y'all, I'm going out to take some pictures."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment