Wednesday: Macro / Close-up + Photo-of-the-day 5/24/2023

Shisa Hanging from My Mirror



 

Daily Photo Challenge

Wednesday: Macro

Shisa are the Okinawan version of Chinese Fu Dogs. They are supposed to protect you and ward off evil spirits. On Okinawa, you find them almost everywhere. I have 3 sets of them in my office at work. It may stop evil, but not "other" troublesome spirits.

 

 

 

 

Photo-of-the-Day 144/365

Sunset through the trees

 

 

Out for another walk. The smoke from the western wildfires make for beautiful sunsets here. They have been great for a couple of weeks - and I'm going to take full advantage when I can. This view through these trees was another "hold on, I see a photo" moment, when my family sighs and stops to wait for me. Oh well, I thank them and am grateful they put up with me.

Quote of the day: "Focus on your potential instead of yur limitations." - Alan Loy McGinnis





Comments

Post a Comment