Saturday Choice


 An exposure blend from bracketed shots taken with my new (to me) Nikon D5200. I got it last week, used, from MPB and have been getting used to it, even though it is not much different from my D3500 (same sensor). The real differences, and the reason I got it, as shown here are 1) tilt LED screen to allow me to take images without bending so much 2) exposure bracketing - a three shot burst means I don't need a tripod 3) remote control release - saves my arm when waiting for hummers to zoom in and out of the frame. 

The camera was graded in excellent condition and looks brand new and, all totaled was $240. If I decide to sell them my D3500, I would get about $230. Still trying to decide if I want to convert it to IR. If you ever need to buy or sell gear, I can highly recommend MPB and have a $20 coupon for you if you do decide to use them.

Comments

  1. Well congratulations on your new baby! I have no doubt your will have a great time shooting with this camera, as you said so many conviniences attached to it. I love sharp, brilliant colors you were able to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love my 3500 because it's so light and the battery lasts forever, but I was just missing these three things - and now I have them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one, John! I wasn't familiar with MPB, but I'm very interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom! Do check them out - they are top notch for buying and selling. All of the pros I follow on YT use them, and they swap gear as fast a Republicans cry "foul" on elections! If you do decide to buy something, enter "John Durham" at check out to get $20 off of your first purchase.

      Delete

Post a Comment