Schmerzenman

Well I have been absent for a small while. But nothing to worry about, I still was following you all and looking at your creative photos.

It was on a personal note a bit hectic. To get my mind clear a bit, I went to a museum.

The KMSKA that translates in " Royal museum of fine arts Antwerp".

A big museum filled up with works of Rubens, VanDijck, Breughel, Rodin and many more.

Always liked to photograph art and capturing it in a bit of a different way.

This work is called Schmerzenman or Sorrowman, by Berlinde de Bruyckere. Did not know her untill now. I was pretty impressed by the work. The work fitted right in with my mindset on the moment.

You can read more about Berlinde de Bruyckere here

Here i made a litle collage of my photos, seems to work well.


 

Comments

  1. It is rather eerie and quite depressing but at the same time the art work is impressive. I can see why it would pull you in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite powerfully, but found it for the most part sad

      Delete
  2. What striking figures, made event more impressive in this light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Those are powerful. You picked some great angles for documenting the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for the collage, Peter! It already helps the mind to imagine the works there ... A little bit on the dark and dramatic side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful capture Peter, happy to hear your ok, I too have been missing but I will be back soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just looked up some links on Berlinde de Bruyckere, Peter. She's done some incredible stuff. Thanks for introducing us to her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment