Monday Close Up

 


I have been using a +10 diopter on my 18-55mm lens  lately instead of extension tubes (I don't own a dedicated macro lens). This was taken at 35mm (APS-C). Unlike the tubes, I haven't measured the magnification factor of the diopter, but I will at some point.  It doesn't seem to affect the amount of light reaching the sensor, as do the tubes, but outside in the wind I still up the ISO and shutter speed for the wind. It's got a little better working distance, so that's better for my back. We'll see how that turns out.

Comments

  1. This is really nice, especially the traces of purple in the background. Everytime I see your posts with a "how to" reminds me..."oh I have one of those...totally forgot about...need to try it out".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - that's what's nice about this year's garden beds. I've gone with flowers, not vegetables because the excessive heat last year ruined the yield - flowers wouldn't bloom, fruit wouldn't set. Many subjects and lots of natural backdrops this way. The funny thing is, I have some volunteer cherry tomatoes growing out front of the foundation bushes that will be unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool how you lined it up to get the purple background. From a distance it's a simple, classic shape - but up close there are so many interesting details. Are the little green balls pollen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Camellia, the flower bed is wonderful. It's like having my own printed backgrounds (which I do have and use) to isolate flowers. Yes, they are pollen grains - the hover flies love them because they are so small.

      Delete
  4. I have an old set of these filters. After seeing your result, have to try them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about sharing info - we all learn/remember something and go out and try it!

      Delete
  5. In a larger image especially that really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does - if the wind wouldn't blow, I'd put on the extension tubes on really get close!

      Delete

Post a Comment