Friday Forms

 

Well, shoot, peer pressure is pretty rough - guess I'll post early, too. Actually, I intended to do so in any case as I have an early date with same-day (minor) surgery tomorrow. Haven't had surgery in over a year and the doctors are getting restless. Should be easy, a piece of cake, unless... someone slips on a 4x4, knocks over a prep table that crashes into the anesthesiologist who falls off of her stool and the surgeon, while trying to reach to stop her fall accidentally plants the scalpel right between my 5th and 6th intercostals, piercing my pericardium and causing a myocardial infarct. I hate when that happens. Anyway, should be back home in time for the replay of stage 7 of La Veulta a Espana.

Comments

  1. Yeah, I think I'd hate it when that happens, too! So I hope they keep their scalpels out of your intercostals. Seriously, I hope it goes well. Meanwhile, it's a cool picture.

    P.S. I'd taken to posting early because my mornings were busy for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me sir....who said you were the one we were referring to when mentioning early posts......not everything is about you Sir Tom. But post early, post late, post whenever...... just post. Think of the famous song by Paul Simon 😉🙃

      Delete
    2. The surgeon was great, everything copacetic - the anesthesiology resident, for some unknown reason after I was out, put another IV line in my right arm. There was a perfectly good one in my left, put in by nurses who know what they're doing, but he had to go on the top of my forearm (covered in hair), not the hand, and went at the wrong angle. Had a slight hematoma (bruising and swelling) and lost a lot of hair taking off the tape. And they never used it!🤬

      Delete
    3. I guess he figured too many IV lines is better than too few! Glad to hear your intercostals are OK, and the rest of you, too. I hope you can enjoy laying around for a few days.

      Delete
  2. Well I didn't catch your post early enough, but hope none of what you said happens and the "minor" surgery goes without a hitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a easy as catching a politician in a lie - I just lay down and let it happen! Sore and slow(er) for a few days, then some restrictions for awhile, but nothing like the last several back surgeries.☺️

      Delete
  3. The minor procedure is not praying on your mind then 😉😄

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment