Music in the neighbourhood, week 2

 


Well I am getting spoiled. It is still the summer of Antwerp, and this weekend there is a lot going on. The main event is the pride parade today. While that would give some great photos it is not my cup of tea.

On the other hand it is stil music in the neighbourhood, just in my street. And lucky we where today that the sun granted us a visit. That changes everything, a bit of sun does wonders with a person.


 The main act was a group from Tanzania, Siti and the band.  Siti Binti Saad, mother of the Taraab was from Zanzibar. She was the first female artist from Zanzibar that went worldwide. Her music was African with inspiration from Arab, Turkish, Indian and even Portugese music. This group follows in her footsteps

The music played was full of rythm and passion. I loved it. at some point it even touched me.




The sun ,the music, a fresh drink was a real pick me up. And I could take some nice photos. Even the cameraman came over to ask about the photos.


She played the violin beautifull, and she deserves to be shown in color, wright?



Think I took about 200 photos from the performance and getting better at it. 












Comments

Post a Comment