SATURDAY CHOICE - USA BY RAIL

This is Trudy. She runs a small shop with second-hand clothes, shoes, CDs, necklaces, books, you name it. Her shop is in a quiet street of Cut Bank, MO, between MacDonald’s and Amtrak station.

Trudy comes from New Zealand. She moved to Montana in 2017, together with her husband who was born in Manitoba in Canada. We had a nice chat before I went to take pictures of a nearby trestle train bridge. In the evening, the Empire Builder took me from Cut Bank to Seattle. What an awesome trip!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. My Amtrak trip was so good that I have just started planning rail holidays in the USA again.

      Delete
  2. Very nice portrait of Trudy. You trip sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom. Oh yes, my trip was great. Needles to say, I cancelled my tour of South America to extend USA-by-rail adventure.

      Work keeps me busy but I will try to post some of my Amtrak pics on my blog soon.

      Delete
  3. She looks, like you trust her in a second. Nice portrait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Peter. It was such a nice sunny day and a wonderful conversation. I find people in the States so much friendlier, so much more open and easy-going than us, Europeans.

      Delete
  4. You crack me up Piotr...your directions almost always include the Amtrak Station. Lest we forget your love for trains 😁😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camellia, I stayed at the hotel next to the petrol station on the eastern end of Cut Bank. On the western side or at the end of the street, there was a supermarket, MacDonald’ s and a trestle. The Amtrak station was somewhere in the middle, next to big silos where vintage (or abandoned 50 years ago) trucks parked. The station was one of the most prominent objects in the town. No wonder I always referred to it.

      You are right. I have been a rail buff since the time was time. I could imagine USA by rail is exciting but it faaaaar exceeded my expectations. I plan a new Amtrak trip.

      Delete

Post a Comment