Smile for the camera ..

 This is one of the places where all tourist goes to in Singapore - The Merlion Park and Marina Bay Sands

When I was at The Merlion Park, it was very very crowded as there were about 3 or 4 tourist groups and also other tourists. I was of course delighted and walked around observing peoples' expression and with their cellphones.

Here we are - let us take out our cell phone and begin to pose like in Instagram... If we do not like the photo, we'll start again the same pose. It was however really interesting to watch them posing and I admit that I do learn certain things from observation.  


Do you remembered when you were little or the eldest/youngest, you are often given the duty of looking after the luggage while the adults are taking photos, etc? I imagined that this little girl was "on duty" under the hot hot sun and she must be kind of bored😄 That by the way was the Merlion that I mentioned earlier.


That IS the pose everyone does with the Merlion spouting out water. It is just a perspective where it seems that you are drinking the water from the Merlion. The couple were great as they were laughing so much as they tried again and again to have that photo. The gentleman on the left well, he did the classic post.


This couple especially the gentleman reminded me of a Bollywood movie. I can imagined that in a few seconds, all the dancers will be out dancing and singing with the couple!!


Okay, the arms-lifted-up-in-the -air pose ...

I loved this photo. I think they were exhausted by the heat ... BUT look at the grandson's hand - He was holding hands with his grandma so that she will not be lost in the crowd in a foreign country! That was so sweet.


The hotel in the background is the Marina Bay Sands Everyone takes photo of it including yours truly! It is beautiful in the night with all the lights, etc. You will be able to find beautiful photos of Marina Bay Sands online.







 





Comments

  1. Those are some great candids! It is fun to see the "classic" tourist shots - we saw the same in Havana, and, frankly took the same. Why not? Seems like a wonderful destination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. John and yes, it was great but the weather was a wee bit too hot.

      Delete
  2. Nice candid but, the one with the grandson - couldn't they lower their masks just for a minute! Can you imagine that group shot printed off and framed😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these candids and the stories you have conjured. There was a time when every pose, young people did, was one hand on the hip, one foot on tip toe stretched out in front and head tilted. Must have been promoted by some famous movie star or such and hence all the young ones felt it was THE pose.....thankfully you don't have any captures like those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Camellia. I still see many many posing with that "one foot on tip toe" thing !! It is supposed to make your limbs long and slim or something like that. My younger cousin once chided me for being too casual when posing with her and she taught me how to pose and the result: I looked as if I had a problem with my leg instead! Awful!! :)

      Delete
  4. Nice streetphotos. A place I have to visit one day. Hope to take out the camera this weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peter and as usual, I always look forward to your photo :)

      Delete
  5. Nice candid captures people and their selfies so funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom and I really like to observe when they take their selfies.

      Delete

Post a Comment