Saturday - Choice

 

iPhone 6s:   1/15,  f/2.2,  ISO 320

We had rented a nice cabin on this lake for the Thanksgiving holidays a couple of years ago.  The sunrises like this one were amazing.  It was beautiful.  However, the online class I was teaching did not pause for holidays, and I had an avalanche of assignments to grade by the end of the weekend.  I spent most of the vacation grading assignments and viewing the lake from indoors.

Bottom line:  thanks to this experience, I soon retired from teaching, and that gave me lots more time to spend on photography.  So in a weird way, I'm grateful that the vacation was so disappointing.  Best bad vacation ever!  😊

 

 


Comments

  1. I understand exactly what you meant - once spent a Christmas holiday in Spain overlooking the Mediterranean grading midterms. At least there was wine involved there😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spain? Ouch! That's so unfair! At least I can get an easy re-do by driving a couple of hours back to the lake. Spain would be a bit more difficult.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful capture and I raise my coffe cup to all the retired teachers on this site. Teaching made us all appreciate our retirement even more.☕☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I raise my afternoon coffee cup to you, Camellia! ☕☕

      Delete
    2. And I raise my glass of...you know🥃

      Delete
  3. A Cabin that sits on the water so unique beautiful sunset

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment