Saturday Choice

 


Since today is free choice, I decided to post a photo that I took for "play". 

By play, I mean, sometimes I take a photograph for the sole purpose to hone in/practice, using Photoshop. This was the case for this photograph. It is actually a photo I saw being displayed on the wall of a restuarant in Chicago. I took a photograph of the photo and then played with layers and masks and.....in Photoshop.

 If you are interested in giving me feedback of what you see, what you like, what you don't like, what seems like an obvious error on my part as far as lighting or....any comments, I will take them. And then I promise to post the original so that you can see how I trasnformed the photo. 😊

Edit  Original photo:



Comments

  1. The reflection and the lighting is interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! My only suggestion would be to open the shadows on the left side of the reflection. You did a great job not getting glare from the photo glass.☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very nice - light, crop...almost everything. Yes, there is a but. I find it distracting the man's thigh because it seems not to fit into the body naturally because (?) of the dark shadow on the right hand side of his body. Perhaps if possible, add a bit more light to his right leg so we can see that the left thigh belongs to the same guy. I may be in wrong in my observation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job! I admire your willingness to take on such an edit - I would not have had the skill, nor patience, to work on one like this.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. It really isn't about skills...it's more of practice and practice some more followed by memory loss and starting all over 😜

      Delete
  5. Great editing job, Camellia! Congratulations on pulling it off. It's way beyond anything I would ever try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom....it's always worth trying....one step at a time 😊

      Delete
  6. WOW, the difference!! Bravo and of course your version was much better than the original, Camellia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Undoubtedly a very impressive result but ultimately not the picture you took nor what the original photographer took. I struggle to know where I stand with that sort of thing. Depends how it's presented I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter I take it just as it was presented - an exercise in editing, with clear indication of the origin of the image presented.☺️

      Delete

Post a Comment