Thursday Expression

 

Where reality is the same as in the painting...

This piece of art is entitled "Mirror No. 5", oil painting by Amarin Buppasir (2009)

Size: 200 x 270 cm

Description : The painting satirizes copycat behavior of teenager students in Thai society nowadays as a result of being overwhelmed by information consumption through the entertainment media. The excess consumption then becomes excessive behavior an expression.

On the blue wall, is the famous Thai graffiti artist - Alex Face (Patcharapol Tangruen) -  painting entitled "Monument of Hope - LOUD" (2020). Oil, Acrylic and Spray on linen, 340 x 200 cm



Everyone posed the same way on the social media ...
She was staring at : "Midwinter Blaze 1 (2019) by Garry Fabian Miller. 
Light, water, lightjet c-print from dye destruction print 
60 x 70 inch (Print). Edition of 1 of 3

On the yellow wall, is another famous artist - Yayoi Kusama -  and the work was entitled "Infinity Nets"
In pursuit of this infinite abyss, Kusama painted her "Infinity Nets" in uninterrupted sessions of 40 to 50 hours.



We have arrived at the "International Collection". I liked how everyone were placed in this area and just as I pressed the shutter button, she looked up from her phone.


All photos were shot at MOCA museum at Bangkok, Thailand. I may have side-tracked a little with the description of Alex Face and Yayoi Kusama's paintings because I like some of their art.




Comments

  1. I am loving your last few posts including this one. You have for sure captured expressions and not only that, love the paintings as well as the poses. I don't know if you thought about your composition before hand or cropped later, either way they are perfect. For example in #1 having that second painting in the photo makes the entire photo stand out. I, knowing me, would probably have zoomed into the pose and the painting in front of the pose only...because I would not have seen the beauty of the two paintings together (hope that makes sense). That is what attracts me to your photographs...you see stuff I don't see and you are able to convey what your eyes see to us. Another beautifully captured photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Camellia. It really helps a lot when the museum is really really awesome!! You have asked a very complex question re: if I have thought about my composition beforehand. I really have no idea. When I was at museum, I didn't really think it should be this way or that. I shoot wide and then crop later. In #1, I feel and see that I need to balance the image, so I shot with the blue wall. Then I re-shoot immediately with the other yellowish wall and the people had moved only slightly. I shoot pretty fast when I see something interesting, moving quickly to cover angles because people moved and it might spoilt my initial view. Sometimes the first view is good but the person face or posture is so-so but the second shot, the background is okay but the person is really good. Then I will swop the the second photo - the person - to the first. As I am not doing a journalistic reporting, I don't think I am lying but trying to be make everything and
      everyone look their best and for my pleasure. All the photos above were shot as seen. When I said I shoot fast, I am not doing continuous shooting mode. I use my legs and body to move quickly. Sorry to give such a long answer because I find it difficult to put the thoughts, feeling and action in words. Hope I have answered your question.

      Delete
    2. You have answered my question thouroughly and I appreciate your candor. While I tend to shoot, as you say quickly and several photos of the same subject, I have never done a swap ( always picked the best of...) you have given me an idea (swapping) for my future takes. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Very well done Nancy, especially the lighting and tones.☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, John. Yes, I had to adjust slightly the lighting and tones so we get to see something nice.

      Delete
  3. These are all SO good, Nancy! The third one was timed perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment