Tuesday - Art

 MOCA Museum of Contemporary Art is a fantastic place in Bangkok, Thailand. I greatly recommend this museum when you next visit Bangkok.  Of course, there are certain paintings that may be difficult to understand or appreciate but the place is fantastic - spacious, light and airy. I also took the opportunity to people watch and do watch out for the instagrammers, etc.... They are really good at posing!!

I have misplaced the brochure and cannot give you more details of the paintings for now but will update this post once I have further information. I will do a Part 2 of my time spent at MOCA next week.

On the ground floor are 2 permanent exhibitions of National Artists; Professor Emeritus Chalood Nimsamer, Paitun Muangsomboon and Khien Yimsiri



On the second floor, the main theme is Religion, Faiths, Beliefs. 
Below photo are Ramayana Masks and Masks of Asia ;


The exhibition room where Thai contemporary art is drawn from theme such as social knowledge and Buddhist concepts including artworks from various generations' luminaries and paintings from National Artist in Visual Arts.

 
On the third floor, the theme is Art of Fantastic Imagination in contemporary Thai works.



Comments

  1. Looks fascinating - I'll rely on your images, as I won't be visiting anytime soon☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, John. I'll try my best 😉

      Delete
  2. That place looks incredible. I especially liked your first shot, and also the artwork you photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a place one could spend hours being mesmerized. I had to enlarge the last photo because of the pose of the monk on the left....he looked like a statue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had spent quite sometime at the museum. People watching was fantastic, too. Haha re the monk and the monks get in free at the museum.

      Delete
  4. Good tip next week we go to Thailand. Just staying 1 day in bbk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Would love to see your point of vue of this lovely museum. Bon voyage!

      Delete
  5. Love the first one mankind with a kind gesture to nature or animalkind

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes....that first one! Interesting set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like John I won't be there any time soon but interesting images

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment