Elliott Erwitt (1928-2023)

 The legendary photographer Elliott Erwitt died on Wednesday at age 95.  He was a hero of mine since I first saw his work back in the 1970s. He showed me that it's possible to capture the humor and absurdity of the world in beautifully composed b&w photos.  He took most of his "fun" pictures on breaks from his photojournalistic and commercial photography work.

The Magnum website has a retrospective of his work at https://www.magnumphotos.com/arts-culture/remembering-elliott-erwitt-1928-2023/ .

Here are three of my favorites of his shots.




 

 

Comments

  1. Great choices! I remember seeing the dog photo, but not the others. My kind of outlook on life☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and a hell of a photographer. Always loved the style of the early Magnum photographers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to concur with the comments above. Definitely had a unique style of capturing life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not heard of him before but delightedvto see these photos. THANKS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment