Friday Forms + Photo of the Day December 22, 2023




Outdoor Sculpture from a Different Angle

Images Exposed

Daily Photo Challenge

Friday Forms

This photo was taken last weekend while at Winterthur. I'd seen this sculpture (outside the museum and galleries) and most people see it and walk past. You can walk through it - so I did and looked up. This view is from looking up.  And yes, I've done this shot before, but there were always too many people to make the time needed possible.  I had to take maybe 3-4 minutes to frame it up right and take some bad shots to get this one.  Glad I did.

 

 

 


 

Photo of the Day 356/365

 Really Missing those Summer Sunsets

Yes, this was a summer sunset shot taken, I believe, in August. I took many photos that month and posted some some of them then, but not all.  This photo popped up when I was going through my recent unposted photos and it caught my eye. It made me nostalgic for the warmer air and easy walks.  Isn't that the way it always goes. We remember the past fondly and risk missing the present. I still try to get the sunsets (usually still in my office) or sunrises - (again, usually in my office already) but while on Christmas break, I hope to get out and capture some  "present moments".

 

 

Quote of the Day: "In nature nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they're still beautiful." - Alice Walker


 

Comments