Monday Closeup + Photo of the Day January 15, 2024




An Old Wind-up Toy

Images Exposed

Daily Photo Challenge

Monday Closeup

This photo was taken a number of years ago when I had just opened my old photo studio. I was just getting it set up and pulled out a toy I had played with in my youth.  It was an antique even then and that was 50+ years ago. The toy worked and we set it off across a display case and this is where it came to rest. I still have that toy and it still works. It still a cool toy.

 

 

 

 

Photo of the Day 15/366

Clouds Trying to Hide the Setting Sun

The sun was setting and I had to run an errand with one of my kids. While my offspring went into the store, I endeavored to find a way t get a shot in the parking lot. This is what I arrived at. It took some editing, but this image is representative of the sky I saw. The variance of colors and the hidden sun make this a good shot to me.

Quote of the Day: "Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." - Buddha


 

Comments

  1. Just shows the quality of items that were made years ago. The old Timex motto comes to mind. The monochromatic scheme you used does add to its antiquity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment