Sunday - Nature

 NATURE IS MESSY

18mm, 1/60, f/3.5,  ISO 360

This isn't the most beautiful nature shot, but it's what a lot of nature looks like.  I was out taking shots in the chilly, damp sunless woods yesterday, and was feeling sorry for myself because this is typical of the woods near me in the winter.   Poor me!  The nature photographers on YouTube don't deal with this stuff! 


Then I decided the best way to deal with the mess that obscured my subjects was to embrace it and use it.  So, my personal photographic challenge for 2024 is to find the beauty in the vines, weeds, and tangles, and record it.  My new favorite plants will be Amur honeysuckle and greenbrier.  Be warned:  you may be seeing additional pictures of messy tangled woodlands as the year goes on.

Comments

  1. I love these! Virginia creepers are the heart of the Tennessee woodland under story. I have hundreds of images of the twisting beauties and the other denizens of the woodland floor. Go forth and bring 'em back alive!☺️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment