Monday - Close Up



The Wakefield type grease gun. I wonder did I miss capturing something on the side as I thought it looked like the vales control system on a steam locomotive. Well, train experts out there, drop a comment and I will definitely learn something new.


The banana blossom


The ring 


This is the bottom half of a cupboard made of ivories. The museum guard was so nervous about my camera that I use my cell phone to capture the image just to give us breathing space. I perfectly understand if an accident had happened.



Comments

  1. Banana blossoms are awesome. Never seen a greasegun like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peter. I do not know what us a grease gun either. I had misplaced the description for the photo and googled it. It said grease gun but I think it refered to something on the left hand side of the photo which I did not include in the shot.

      Delete
  2. Some really nice close up captures. Love the angle and forms of the grease gun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen a greasegun like that looks like from Jules Vern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting shots - Dr. Google says the first one is a valve control system for a steam locomotive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, John. That was what I found out, too and it looked more like a control system for a steam train.

      Delete
  5. I suspect #1 is a mechanical lubricator, not literally a grease gun but I'm no expert.
    Great set of pictures though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I think you're right, Peter! I googled mechanical lubricator for steam train and there were images that looked like the photo. Thank you, Peter.

      Delete
  6. Whatever the heck it is, it's a really interesting device. The light on it is really nice. Great catch on the "ring," by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a train to me but who knows? Great post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it does look a miniature train. Thank you, Abigail.

      Delete

Post a Comment