Riopelle

 Yesterday my daughter and I went over the National Gallery to catch the Riopelle retrospective before it closes.  Last minute as usual!  She decided to try out her Alinker and found it was perfect for viewing art, not tired at the end of the foray.

The gallery as usual did not fail to provide some photo ops.


As my daughter did not want to negotiate the long ramp we took the elevator which let us off in the Old Masters gallery.  I took a photo of the Canaletto as I thought it would be fun to take a similar view when I am in Venice next month.  Probably way more tourists than in the painting!

Nothing like a cell phone for recording art work...


The Alinker worked beautifully...


 



Not sure what the whale made out of garden chairs had to do with Riopelle but it is spectacular!


Comments

  1. Great tour of the gallery! I really like photo #2, the light and the perspective is beautiful. You are going to have a fantastic time in Venice and hopefully we will be able to experience your enjoyment of the area through your photos.😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I also liked #2 but #6 was my favorite - nice subtle light and shadows and just the right amount of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and I like photo#6, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that art and I too go for the bench!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment