Monday Monochrome + Photo of the Day April 29, 2024




Jetty at the Beach

Images Exposed

Daily Photo Challenge

Monday Monochrome

This photo, taken from my archives was originally in color, but the day was so gray and cloudy that it didn't make very much difference. I decided on a monochrome edit to remove the blue cast and make it more uniform and give it more drama. I like the leading lines and the crashing waves in the shot. I don't care for "beach" life, but love the ocean - the sound and power of the waves are what I crave.

 

 

 


 

Sun Setting behind a Tree

Photo of the Day 120/366

We went to the local assisted care facility to get my father-in-law and  his wife to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. Afterwards, we took a drive through the area. I was sitting in the backseat as both of them don't maneuver very well and my father-in-law needs the front seat. I was trying to capture the sunset (as always) and I managed this shot beside my wife's head as she was driving and chatting with her Dad. I took maybe 10 shots in the moment and this was the best one.

 

 

 

Quote of the Day: "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward." - Elliott Kay


 

Comments

Post a Comment