landscapes from Tuscany - Day 1

 Having just arrived back from three weeks in Italy and another week gallery sitting in Toronto, I now find myself faced with editing an enormous number of photos.  The plan is to do them in small chunks so I am not overwhelmed.

The trip started with my booking a landscape workshop in Tuscany with Mads Peter Iversen and Sam Sciuluna, both wonderful photographers.  Originally I was to have three of four days in Rome before taking off for Reykjavik for another landscape tour in Iceland.  For a variety of reasons that photo tour was cancelled so I decided to add in an urban component.  So four days in Rome, four in Florence and six in Venice were added to my travels.  I must say I am very impressed with Italian trains!

A lot of photos were the result, predominantly urban and street folk along with a healthy dose of country from beautiful Tuscany.  The landscape photography was certainly a stretch for me but I am hopeful you will not be too bored by them.


Sunsets were de rigueur for the workshop of course because of the light and the light is truly beautiful in Tuscany.  This is the Capella di Valeta, a popular photography site.




And the wonderful sunshine was perfect for guests to hang their laundry out to dry.  The agritourismo hotel offered horse back riding, hiking, swimming and a spa so doing the laundry was essential!



Comments

  1. These are excellent photos, and a beautiful countryside. Keep on posting your chunks! My wife and I may visit Italy next year, so these are especially interesting for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Tom said. Except the bit about visiting Italy next year. As far as I know anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The landscape and the colors are wonderfull

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs Abigail. I've riden the Italian trains and I agree with you, they really are impressive. If I had to choose and thankfully I don't have to because all of your captures are impressive, but if I had to I would say #2 is my favorite because of the light and shadows. Looking forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment