Monday Monochroms + Photo of the Day May 20, 2024



Old Barn and Stormy Sky

Images Exposed

Daily Photo Challenge

Monday Monochrome

This barn was situated on my mother-in-law's home for many many years. When I courted my wife, it was there, and it was there when we were married and lived there for a time. This photo was from that time, so almost 30 years ago. Since that time, the barn did not survive a particularly ferocious wind storm and it fell in. It had to be demolished and was replaced by a metal pole building. The old barn had a lot of character and charm. I wish it was still there. This shot carried many memories.

 

 

 

 

Old Barn in the Afternoon

Photo of the Day 141/366

This photo was taken last fall on our road trip to northeastern Pennsylvania. We were on the road trying to get to the hotel before nightfall and I saw this shot coming from a distance. I tried to take a number of photos but most didn't come out due to other cars and wires.  This was the best of the shots.

 

Quote of the Day: "Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire." - William Butler Yeats 


 

Comments

Post a Comment