Monday Monochrome + Photo of the Day June 24, 2024




Farmhouse Beyond the Field

Images Exposed

Daily Photo Challenge

Monday Monochrome

This photo was taken last week while out on a brief road trip. I saw the farmhouse sitting on a small hill. It was interesting (to me) as it made it stand above the surrounding fields (barley, I think). It made it seem to bring the focus to the farmhouse amongst the trees.  Taking the photo in black and white also helped to take the emphasis away from the "greens" of summer and give it to the farmhouse. The only real editing was a little cropping.

 

 




Streams of Sunset Skyfire

Photo of the Day 176/366

I took this photo last evening on the second leg of a sunset walk. I had looked outside and saw a large gray cloud blocking the sun so I held out little hope. A few minute later, I saw the sun peaking out througha break in the clouds, so I went out to take some photos. Just when I made it to our home, I saw the taails of color through the gray cloud and had to hurry back to a decent location to get this photo.  I think it was worth the extra effort.

 

 

 

 

Quote of the Day: "You must believe that your past is not your future." - Gayle Carson


 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one really has to be viewed large for the farmhouse to show up. It's a cool shot, and a bonus feature is all the horizontal layers in it. Your quote reminds me of the country song, "there ain't no future in the past"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment