Saturday Choice + Photo of the Day June 1, 2024


Camera Still-Life

Images Exposed Daily Photo Challenge

Saturday Choice

Once in a while, I get the notion to try my hand at still-life photos and this is one of those. I took one of my favorite cameras, a Leica, which as given to me by a friend, and added some accessories and tried. I put them on a piece of black glass that I have and laid that on black velvet. I used a strobe and window light and liked the outcome.

 


 

Sunset over the Newly Mown Hay Field

Photo of the Day 153/366

This photo was taken last evening I was out hunting for a sunset walk. When I started, the sun was bright and obscured all of clouds, making it appear very bland (beautiful, but not very photogenic). So, I kept walking hoping for something different. I had noted earlier that the farmers had all mown their hay and when the sun had almost set (it was hiding behind the far tree) - everything came together, the clouds could be seen, the hay field lay in front of me and the scene was fantastic!  Hope you enjoy it!

 

 

Quote of the Day: "Nature uses as little as possible of anything." - Johannes Kepler


Comments

Post a Comment