Saturday- Choice








A little of this and a little of that, since it is a choice day.  The first two were capture at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, here in town. I've been to the museum several times since it's opening and each time has been just as enjoyable as the first. They have done such an amazing job putting this museum together, definitely well worth a trip to Springfield just to go inside this museum.

The third and fourth shots were taken at the farmers' market downtown. I wasn't sure at first why the lady in shot #4 was just hanging out on her cellphone....later I realized she was waiting for the locksmith; she was locked out of her car. Naturally, I took a photo of the "break in" which will probably be posted sometime late.

The last shot was taken at The Vendue downtown Charleston. Original photo was taken in color, but it didn't grab me and was heading toward the bin. But because I love to play with the tabs in Lr, this one received a color transfomation when I pressed the b&w tab. The deep tones gave the photo a totally different look and one that stopped it from being binned.

Comments

  1. These are awesome, Camellia! That mannequin in #3 definitely needs a massage to loosen her up, and some work done on her face. The last one is my favorite. The setting, the wide-angle distortion, and the b&w give the appearance of a scene from an art movie. I'm glad you didn't toss that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what grabbed my attention..... as you described "art movie"

      Delete
  2. Very nice - I especially like the seated portrait of ?Mary Todd Lincoln?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first is a very strong shot, good spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In color it didn't come out as strong as it did in monochrome. The muscles in his neck really stand out in mono.

      Delete
  4. Wow fantastic set love the first one shows alot of emotion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I captured the enitre body but realized that as full capture it did not grab one's attention as much as partial portrait.

      Delete
  5. The black and white treatment are really good!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment