Friday Creative + Photo of the Day July 12, 2024

 



Nature over Concrete

Images Exposed

Daily Photo Challenge

Friday Creative

I've had this photo for more than two decades. Despite it's very plain appearance, I remember my place, my mood, and my thoughts when I took this photo.  I was in San Francisco for the first time on a business trip and had arrived the previous day. I was there alone and had time to burn so I walked to the event venue and noticed how few people there were and did some exploring. I looked down from one overhang and noticed this tree branch. It reached out over the concrete sidewalk but was below my position. I remember thinking how "zen" this looked.  I still think that.

 

 

 

Sunset Sky over the Barn

Photo of the Day 194/366

I shot this photo earlier this week. We were out for a drive to get out of the house after a rough day. I didn't know where we were going - it was the wife's choice - but the company, the sunset and the local scenery made the trip worth it. I took more than a few of this farm, but really liked how this one turned out with the corn field and brilliant sky.

 

Quote of the Day: "Short cuts make long delays." - J.R.R. Tolkien


 

Comments

  1. I agree about the "Zen" feel to it. It's cool how a simple picture can carry so many memories and feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment