Monday Monochrome + Photo of the Day July 29, 2024



Abandoned Road in Centralia

Images Exposed

Daily Photo Challenge

Monday Monochrome

This photo was shot yesterday during our "birthday weekend" trip. We decided, on the way home, to visit the town of Centralia. This town's fame was that someone lit a fire and it caught the coal seams on fire underground. Eventually, the town was deemed unsafe and the government bought out homeowners. Most of the town's homes are gone and the streets, such as they are, are deserted. There are a few stragglers, but most of town is gone. We had a fun time exploring the streets and scenes there.

 

 

 


 

Lily Pads and the Afternoon Sun

Photo of the Day 211/366

I took this photo this past weekend on a double-birthday jaunt to northeastern Pennsylvania. My birthday was Saturday and my oldest's was on Sunday. We went to Rickett's Glen State Park to see Smokey the Bear (I know, seems childish, but it was cool) and my son and I decided afterwards to walk down to the lake afterwards. The sky was clear and it was warm, but I ventured down a side trail and found this little scene of lily pads and the sun reflecting in the water and really liked the composition.

 

 

Quote of the Day: "Being happy is a very personal thing—and it really has nothing to do with anyone else." - Abraham-Hicks


 

Comments

Post a Comment