Monday- Monochrome

 









I did an experiment: Took the Z7 and set it to monochrome. Added the 24-120 mm lens and walked downtown shooting this and that all in mono. The idea behind this experiment was to follow Rob Jamason's style of photography:

Shoot raw (I always do)
Picture profile monochrome 100% of the time night or day
White balance locked at K5500
Spot metering and servo AF
Shutter speed 1/640 or above  (I didn't follow that rule to the T in these shots)
ISO never on Auto (keep it mapped to the control ring on the lens)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kOeGVBtK_Lw

I actually like how the shots came out in monochrome. That's saying a lot on my part since I love color. But the deep tones of black and white grab my attention. To conclude the experiment I decided to click on the "color tab" in Lr just to see the transformation......(no other tabs were touched)

(btw do you remember this lady from yesterday....told you I took a pic of the "break in")
 

Sorry if I broke the rules for monochrome day....but rules are meant to be broken 😜







Comments

  1. Breaking rules? What an animal!! Wait, how's that breaking rules...I don't get it. In any case, so glad to see you come over to the "dark side". Some very nice images - just the right amount of contrast. I love playing with black/white point in monochromes using curves. to do the same.😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding that street photography can work well, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Camellia's bad side is coming out! 🤣 This are really nice shots. I really like the reflections in 4, the smile in 5, the tones in 7, and 8 is just all-around good. But I don't want to leave out the others, either! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rules? What Rules? Nice captures love the whole set

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment