Thursday Architecture + Photo of the Day July 25, 2024




Missouri Capitol and Gateway Arch

Images Exposed

Daily Photo Challenge

Thursday Architecture

This photo was taken out of my archives. It was captured on my last business trip to St. Louis. My wife and I were out walking from my hotel downtown in the evening. I saw the many potential views of the arch but when we got a park, I noticed the centering of the Arch over the Capitol Building. I could not resist taking the photo and I wanted to shoot it in "portrait" orientation to give plenty of room for the arch to be centered and empty space on top so it would feel "grounded".

 

 


 

Afternoon Sky over the Field

Photo of the Day 207/366

I took this photo last weekend while out on a walk with my youngest child. I've taken a few photos of this field, but this one struck me with the beautiful afternoon sky, and the late day sunlight just touching the field. The lines of the fence and the distant hills, trees, and homes added to the "country" feel that attracted me to this scene so much. This is very close to a great representation of what I view when I see this type of scene - usually the camera makes it not quite there but this day, it was on point.

 

 

 

Quote of the Day: "A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety." - Aesop


 

Comments

Post a Comment