Elftopia


 Last sunday, I went to Elftopia. It is about the biggest fantasy festival in Belgium.
Everything to do with cosplay, games, fantasy and more  is represented there.
I go there for portraits.


These people who dress up in their fantasy figure are more than willing to pose.



What I learned that dayis, if I want to get better at portraits, it is time to start using light. Even this was a very sunny day a flashlight would have been handy in some situations. I have many photographers seen there using their light on and of the camera.  Also seen some of their results, must say it was a level up. So a challenge for me;





This I found such a sweet couple






These are a selection of the photos I took that day.
Going back next year for sure.

Comments

  1. Really nice portraits Peter - professionals do recommend on or off camera fill flash in bright daylight scenes in order to get the most detail in faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really good (as usual) and very entertaining, Peter! You go to very interesting places and the pictures you bring back are lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering what the difference between elftopia and steampunk is...almost have the same costumes. Your photos are a great representation. I concur with John, many of my "professional" photographer friends always carry a flash for the fill light....one more equipment to carry 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At elftopia every fantasy is welcome. Steampunk is one of it. But was much represented there. Now have to learn how to use a fkaslighr

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is an escape for many and they put a lot of effort in it.

      Delete
  5. Thought you might be interested in this Peter - https://shotkit.com/cosplay-photography/?utm_source=thedailysnap.beehiiv.com&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=cosplay-photography-revealed-and-explained

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great selection of portraits Peter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment