Monday Monochrome + Photo of the Day August 5, 2024



Shelf Clouds over the Dunes

Images Exposed Daily Photo Challenge

Monday Monochrome

This photo was taken in Cape May some years ago. We were exploring at Cape May Point and directly behind me is the "concrete ship" in the water. I had been looking at that ship when I noticed the coming (or receding) storm. The shelf cloud looked almost monstrous over the sand dunes and sea grass.

 

 


 

 

Sunset and Field Grass

Photo of the Day 218/366 

Last evening, I noted with some interest, the sky getting redder and redder near the horizon. I was a good 20 minutes before sunset, so I took to walking a little farther than normal. I wandered into the fields near me to try to see what I could make with the setting sun. I found this composition! The grasses were lit by the clouds overhead and the sky was lit with the setting sun - it made for a great combination. 

 

 

 

Quote of the Day: "Defeat starts to become victory as soon as you do something positive about it." - Ralph Marston


 

Comments

Post a Comment