Sunday Street Photography + Photo of the Day August 18, 2024

Impromptu Parade in New Orleans

Images Exposed Daily Photo Challenge

Sunday Street Photography:  This photo was taken a number of years ago while on a business trip to New Orleans for a conference. It rained almost every day and very humid - too hot and humid for me, anyway. I enjoyed the experience, though. Every day, I believe, they had a parade - to this day, I'm not sure why or whether it celebrated something, but there were floats and displays and they seemed to have fun. 

Afternoon Clouds over the Field

Photo of the Day 231/366

Due to the weather yesterday, I really didn't think I had any chance of a good landscape shot, especially a sunset. I was working on another project in my office when my wife told me to come out and look at the sky. I went out and sure enough, there was color in the clouds - no sunset, but it was trying. I ran (walked quickly?) to one of my favorite spots and found this in the sky. It only lasted a few moments before the gray took back over. Take that moment and grab it - it may not come again.

Quote of the Day: "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." - Lin Yutang

 

Comments

  1. What a beautiful catch of color in your second photo. Almost looks like a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now thats what I call a motorhome nice capture

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment