Thursday Architecture + Photo of the Day August 1, 2024


Arched Hallway at Valley Forge

Images Exposed Daily Photo Challenge

Thursday Architecture

This photo was taken inside a chapel on the grounds of the Valley Forge National Historic site. The chapel we visited is not as popular as other areas of the historic site, but it held gothic architectural details like this hallway that made it so interesting for me as a photographer. I enjoyed the visit, the history, and these sights.

 


 

Seagulls Flying over the
Sunset Bay

Photo of the Day 214/366

This photo was taken about a year ago on a vacation to northern Maine. That area is my "happy place" as many of my friends know. I got very lucky with this photo. I managed a sunset sky, the peaceful water in the bay, and two seagulls just drifting across my field of view. I'll be back there in less than eight weeks and I can't wait.

 

 

 

Quote of the Day: "Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." - Abraham Lincoln 


 

Comments

  1. I love arches and your photo has a great perspective of them. Also your second photo is truly a beauty and I can see why it would be your happy place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment