Tuesday Daily Life + Photo of the Day August 27, 2024

Standing in the Queue

Images Exposed Daily Photo Challenge

Tuesday Daily Life:  This photo was from my archives and was taken at over 5 years ago. It was taken at our local polling / voting location. It was taken on election night and the queue was quite long and we all waited in the autumn evening to put in out vote. I remember seeing a few people I knew but for the most part, the line was quiet and we just kept shuffling forward to do our civic duty.

Sunset Between the Trees

Photo of the Day 240/366

I took this photo this past weekend on the first of two jaunts to see the sunset sky. I posted a photo from the second jaunt yesterday. This one one was taken before the sun actually set, and I tried to position myself to be able to see the sun set between the two trees on the horizon. I waited for this one for a bit as the sun was too bright when I arrived so I had to wait until it sank low enough to get this shot. The colors in the sky sure didn't hurt either.

Quote of the Day: "Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do." - Menander


 

Comments

  1. Good shots! It's funny how there's so much noise and emotion around politics, and how (relatively) few people actually vote. Great that you and those folks waited in the dark to get your chance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment