Wednesday Nature + Photo of the Day August 21, 2024

Great Egret at the Lake

Images Exposed Daily Photo Challenge

Wednesday Nature:  This photo was taken a few years ago at a nearby lake. I was hiking on the lake-side trail when I came upon this Great Egret. I will likely never pass-up a shot of any animal in the wild (exceptions are nearby carnivores - let's to the OTHER way) and this bird's reflection made this shot even more special. This was a lucky shot - when I came back a few minutes later, the bird was gone, but I have this photo to remember it.

Sunset Sky Down the Road

Photo of the Day 234/366

I took this photo last evening. We were on our way home from a shopping trip and I was lamenting that we would miss a nice sunset. My wife and I talked about a different road to take on the way home, so we took it. This photo was taken at a red-light as we were stopped. The clouds in the distance actually cloaked the setting sun, but the sky was really nice and I liked the leading lines in this scene.

Quote of the Day: "If a difficult decision comes along, it's crucial you don't get rushed. If you've practised with small things, you'll cope." - Zen Moments


 

Comments

  1. Those birds always amaze me they are so big but so graceful nice capture

    ReplyDelete
  2. The egret shot is superb. Great catch. Right place at the right time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment