Wendesday Nature + Photo of the Day August 7, 2024




Virginia Creeper by the Lake

Images Exposed

Daily Photo Challenge

Wednesday Nature

This photo was taken a few years ago while scouting a lake for a wedding shoot. We got there in the late afternoon and as I wandered about, I noticed this Virginia Creeper plant hanging down in the waning afternoon sunlight. The light filtered through the trees, lit up the lake just a bit, and hit the red leaves making it stand out in the dimming light. 

 

 

 

 


 

Purple Phlox by the Barn

Photo of the Day 220/366

I took the photo a few days ago while out on a walk on a new path with my youngest. She wanted to go somewhere new and I was game so we went to a trail we hadn't used before. On the path, I saw a number of purple (my fav) phlox plants and I noted the red barn behind this plant and grabbed a few before we became impatient to move on. I think the color combination worked and gave it "country" feel.

 

 

 

 

Quote of the Day: "Do not rely on any one person, for all true tests of courage, in the end we face alone." - Aldous Huxley


 

Comments

Post a Comment