Monday Monochrome + Photo of the Day September 2, 2024

Stormy Afternoon at the Lake

Images Exposed Daily Photo Challenge

Monday Monochrome:  The sunset tried to come in by the storm clouds were faster. The clouds swept over the lake and I switched to monochrome to try to capture the darkening mood of the clouds. I really liked the reflections of the remaining sunlight on the water along with the darkness and shades of gray. The total blackness of the hills and trees add a separation of the textures. It works for me.

 Sunset at the Wedding Venue

Photo of the Day 246/366

 

This was taken last evening. I was shooting a wedding and the bride and groom wanted their photo taken as sunset - to the point that we rearranged the events at the reception to allow this to happen. After the shooting (of the sunset photo) was done, I nabbed a couple of shots on my iPhone. This was likely my last wedding as "the" photographer. I enjoyed it but the body doesn't want to keep up with mental demands.

Quote of the Day: "Make finding the good in others a priority." - Zig Ziglar 


Comments

  1. I will then congratulate you and say ' Happy retirement' as a wedding photographer. You should be commended for having done it this long. I know it is very demanding and not everyone appreciates what being a wedding photographer means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Camellia said. Not everyone is cut out to be wedding photographer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment