Saturday Choice + Photo of the Day October 12, 2024

Misty Morning in the Valley

Images Exposed Daily Photo Challenge

Saturday Choice: I took this photo earlier this week. If you follow me, you'll have seen a similar image for my photo of the day. It was the same morning, but a somewhat different view of the valley. In the past years I have lived at our home, I haven't seen the fog in the valley quite like this, so I took as many photos as I could in the few moments I had before the fog rose and the image was gone.

Aurora over the Valley

Photo of the Day 286/366

I took this photo 2 nights ago. One of my students had messaged me during class (he was home sick) and sent pictures of the aurora. I asked him where he was and he said I should go outside. I could not get out right then (but should have), but had to wait until my wife picked me up. I told her about his message so we went on some back roads until I saw this in the sky. This is the best image I could come up with. Someday, I'll see the "northern lights" again.

Quote of the Day: "Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you." - Misty Copeland


Comments

  1. I missed the lightshow in our area but saw some of my friends' photos and they just like you they were able to capture the beauty and the colors. Your first photo is just stunning and one of those frameable photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are lovely, like Camellia I missed the aurora so more power to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment