I went to the zoo as you all know that I feel much safer in a bird park or a zoo rather than meeting these wonderful creatures face to face !!
So this alligator was gliding up real close and placed its snout / nose (??) at the glass panel.
The line that you see somewhere below the eyes was the water level in a man-made "river". The glass panel was to protect both species - human and creature!!
This lovely creature is a Chinese Alligatore - alligatore sinensis and it is the only member of the alligator family found outside of the Americas.
It is threatentend due to conversion of its wetland habitat into rice paddies, hunted for traditional medicine and human consumption!!

You certainly wouldn't want to meet it without the glass panel! Nice image though.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Peter. I had to admit that I had unconsiously moved backward when the alligator was gliding towards the glass panel ...
DeleteLove the texture you have been able to capture. Also I think the monochrome makes it stand out more.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Camellia.
DeleteCool capture would not want to meet hiim live in person ahaha
ReplyDeleteThank you, Tom and Jovi. I have the same thoughts, too!
DeleteBeautiful image! So much great texture.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Tom.
DeleteEven the eye shows texture! Amazing. Really, really nice.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Nancy. It was possible because the alligator came up real close!
Delete