At the concert
We were in the nosebleed section of Brandi Carlile's recent concert at the Bridgestone Arena. It was an excellent concert, but of course I had to take some pictures from time to time. During one song the colored spotlights were sweeping back & forth across the audience, and the lighting made the audience look really interesting. I grabbed 10 frames. Luckily for me, the entire ground floor of the arena was standing, bless their hearts.
The images below are uncropped, unedited images from the concert. The first is the original image that contained the photo above that I posted for today. The second is a similar image with the spotlights in a different arrangement.



Very much like it
ReplyDeleteLove it
ReplyDeleteThis is such a weird photo but in a very good way. It evokes quite a bit of emotions due to the number of people, the light, the texture, the colors. It's like they are standing.....waiting.....for the "pearly gates" to open. I don't know how you captured this photo but it is a true reflection of your artistic side.
ReplyDeleteI've added a couple of unedited examples and a narrative below the original photo. My reaction at the concert was similar to what you wrote -- all these people standing in rows, bathed in weird light, look very strange! Are they waiting to be loaded onto the alien spaceship? Are they listening to a speech by their cult leader? Have their brains been taken over by a rogue artificial intelligence? As for the comments on my artistic side -- thanks, but I'm just trying to keep up with everybody else here!
Delete💖💖... I love that southern expression " bless their hearts" always makes me giggle. Your cult comment brought the vision of Jonestown to mind, all waiting for the kool aid.
DeleteDoes have a surreal element 👍
ReplyDelete