This is what I was asking about. Below is a screenshot of the discussion. I'm very interested to hear your opinions. It literally took me 2 seconds. Is it "legal"? is it right?
Personally, I think it's fine to use AI to take out the bike as you did. It's just a more convenient way of doing what you might also do with older editing tools. The bike wasn't part of the "message" of the photo, it was irrelevant detail.
My son pointed out the artifacts (his word) that are created. Zoom way in on the sidewalk where the bike was and you can see that it's different from the other sidewalk. I'm sure that quality will improve with time.
Oh yes, I see. If you go back & forth quickly between original & edited version, you can see a fragment of the bicycle handlebar remains and there were some changes in the details in the doorway. Of course if we hadn't seen the original, we might have overlooked the issues with the edited version! I agree that over time AI will get even more amazing.
My 2 cents...my photo, my choice is where I stand. Since I photograph for my pleasure and do not submit to any type of competition...etc. I have a choice of using Ai or not. I have read several places (not purist photographers) that taking away in photography is not an issue....adding is another thing and one that is frowned upon. Photoshop has added tons of Ai "removal" options into its program and it calls it "distractions". In the past all these removals were done painfully through layers and layers of hard work and now with just the click of a button. So the only difference between now and before Ai is the fact that it is a much simpler process to complete and I for one am happy with that.
Sometimes I crop but I dont do alot of AI I have see captures that are complete AI But I dont do it
ReplyDeletePersonally, I think it's fine to use AI to take out the bike as you did. It's just a more convenient way of doing what you might also do with older editing tools. The bike wasn't part of the "message" of the photo, it was irrelevant detail.
ReplyDeleteIt has cleaned up the photo. AI I not use. It is your photo you can do with it what you want.
ReplyDeleteMy son pointed out the artifacts (his word) that are created. Zoom way in on the sidewalk where the bike was and you can see that it's different from the other sidewalk. I'm sure that quality will improve with time.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I see. If you go back & forth quickly between original & edited version, you can see a fragment of the bicycle handlebar remains and there were some changes in the details in the doorway. Of course if we hadn't seen the original, we might have overlooked the issues with the edited version! I agree that over time AI will get even more amazing.
DeleteMy 2 cents...my photo, my choice is where I stand. Since I photograph for my pleasure and do not submit to any type of competition...etc. I have a choice of using Ai or not. I have read several places (not purist photographers) that taking away in photography is not an issue....adding is another thing and one that is frowned upon. Photoshop has added tons of Ai "removal" options into its program and it calls it "distractions". In the past all these removals were done painfully through layers and layers of hard work and now with just the click of a button. So the only difference between now and before Ai is the fact that it is a much simpler process to complete and I for one am happy with that.
ReplyDelete